Lets’s Learn the Features of Python Programming Language that make it so much popular. There are many features in Python, some of which are discussed below :
Features of Python -
- Easy to Learn: Python is very easy to Learn and Code as compared to other programming languages like Java and C++. Anyone can learn Basic Python syntax just a few Times. It is the recommended programming language for beginners.
- Interpreted Language: Python is an interpreted language; it means the Python program is executed one line at a time. Because of this, it is easier to debug your code. Also, interpreting makes it just slightly slower than Java, but that does not matter compared to the benefits it offers.
- Expressive Language: Python can perform complex tasks using a few lines of code. A simple example, the hello world program you simply type print("Hello World") It will take only one line to execute, while Java or C takes multiple lines.
- Cross-platform Language: Let’s assume you’ve written a Python code for your Windows machine. Now, if you want to run it on a Mac, you don’t need to make changes to it for the same. you can take one code and run it on any machine. This makes Python a portable language.
- Object-Oriented Language: Python supports object-oriented language and concepts of classes and objects come into existence Python supports both procedure-oriented and object-oriented programming which is one of the key python features. It supports inheritance, polymorphism, and encapsulation, etc like java. The object-oriented procedure helps to programmer to write reusable code.
- Free and Open Source: Firstly, Python is freely available for everyone. You can download it from the Python Official Website. It has a large community across the world. Anyone can contribute to the Python community. The open-source means, "Anyone can download its source code without paying any cent."
- High-Level Programming Language: Python is a high-level Programming language. When we write programs in python, we do not need to remember the system architecture, nor do we need to manage the memory.
- Large Standard Library: Python has a rich set of modules and functions, so you do not have to write your own code for everything. There are many machine learning libraries, such as Tensor flow, Pandas, Numpy, Keras, and Pytorch, etc. Django, flask, pyramids are the popular framework for Python web development.
- GUI Programming Support: Graphical User Interface is used for the developing Desktop application. You can be made using a module such as PyQt5, PyQt4, wxPython, or Tk in python.
- Extensible feature: If needed, you can write us some Python code into C or C++ language. This makes Python an extensible language.
- Embeddable: You can use Python source code in another programming language as well. This allows us to integrate scripting capabilities into our program of the other language.
- Dynamically typed language: This means that the type for a value is decided at runtime, not in advance. we don't need to specify the data type of the variable.